I purchased a few dresses from LotusTrader on Etsy and discovered in horror, before they were sent out, that they were not a small scale provider but a large series of factories based in a part of Indonesia famous for sweatshop labour. I attempted to cancel the order and LotusTraders would not allow me to, forcing me to buy their horrible, mass produced clothes, which after they arrived, were miss stitched, poorly dyed, stinking of chemicals, and weirdly sized.

They then lodged a complaint with Etsy about me for leaving a truthful, polite review upon their page. Just terrible, terrible people, with exploitive business practices.

I've launched an enquiry with the BBB regarding them. Please do so as well, if you feel wronged by them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lotus Traders Dress.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 29, 2017.

Comments

I would love to see some proof of what you are saying because I have been buying from Lotustraders for almost 20 years and have not found one single allegation you have made to be truthful. I have at least 100 of their pieces, they have been my favorite designer for a long time and I have quite a few friends and family who now buy from them also without a complaint.

I did a little checking with the BBB about your accusation they use "sweatshop labor" and that can be almost defamation. No wonder Lotustraders demanded a retraction and I hope they got it. I am going to write to Etsy myself and tell them Lotustraders request to retract this comment be retracted be honored.

This whole site is nothing but a load of garbage since I see there are only 9 complaints on Lotustraders and they have been around for 30+ years. ALSO, THERE ARE NO COMPLAINTS ON BBB REGARDING SWEATSHOP LABOR AND THEY HAVE AN AAA+ RATING WITH THE BBB.

Lotus Traders is located in beautiful Bali. I do not believe they are a sweat shop as this person is trying to make you believe. Annie runs a legitimate business with her family; and the clothes are well-made and will last a very long time, unlike clothing made in China, Hong Kong, Viet Nam and thousands of other places where child labor really is used.

This vicious customer is mentally sick. I hate to say but I’m going to say it.

I am so fed up with this And to accuse us of employing children as labor is insulting and disgusting. To my knowledge and I have been coming here for almost 40 years I have not ever seen children involved in the garment industry here on this island of Bali. To accuse such a thing without knowledge is quite unforgivable.

No child labor has ever been involved in anything that I have ever done in my life, to suggest otherwise is simply unbelievable. Annie Shaffer

to Annie Shaffer #1479052

The review said nothing of child labor; they said sweatshop labor which implies low wages, long hours, and poor conditions. YOU mentioned child labor which was likely a subconcious admission on your part. I also don't like seeing mass produced items on Etsy.