I purchased a few dresses from LotusTrader on Etsy and discovered in horror, before they were sent out, that they were not a small scale provider but a large series of factories based in a part of Indonesia famous for sweatshop labour. I attempted to cancel the order and LotusTraders would not allow me to, forcing me to buy their horrible, mass produced clothes, which after they arrived, were miss stitched, poorly dyed, stinking of chemicals, and weirdly sized.

They then lodged a complaint with Etsy about me for leaving a truthful, polite review upon their page. Just terrible, terrible people, with exploitive business practices.

I've launched an enquiry with the BBB regarding them. Please do so as well, if you feel wronged by them.

Review about: Lotus Traders Dress.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

This vicious customer is mentally sick. I hate to say but I’m going to say it.

I am so fed up with this And to accuse us of employing children as labor is insulting and disgusting. To my knowledge and I have been coming here for almost 40 years I have not ever seen children involved in the garment industry here on this island of Bali. To accuse such a thing without knowledge is quite unforgivable.

No child labor has ever been involved in anything that I have ever done in my life, to suggest otherwise is simply unbelievable. Annie Shaffer

to Annie Shaffer #1479052

The review said nothing of child labor; they said sweatshop labor which implies low wages, long hours, and poor conditions. YOU mentioned child labor which was likely a subconcious admission on your part. I also don't like seeing mass produced items on Etsy.